The Concept Editor
The Concept Editor is accessed from the Concept Manager, and has a series of functions for defining the role of Concepts and their relation to each other.
Concept Editor Functions
- Create / Lookup:Type a name in the topmost text field and hit enter, all of the information for that Concept will be displayed. A new Concept with that name will be created if it does not exist.
- Info Rock: Displays readouts on the selected Concept, from left to right: Concept ID, Total Concept Count, Name of Concept and whether it is Used In Behaviors.
- Weight: The SILVIA Core automatically calculates the Weights of Concepts, or re-weights them if you use the Balance Concepts command in the Concept Manager, but you can manually set them as well. The default value is 0.5. Type a decimal number between 0.0 and 1.0 to manually Weight the selected Concept.
- Stopword: Sets or unsets the Concept as a Stopword, which excludes it from Weighting and Relevancy calculations. Common Stopwords in English that do not contribute much to the meaning of a sentence from an AI’s perspective include articles like “a”, “an”, and “the”.
- Speak: Speaks the current Concept aloud. Adding a “verbal” binding to a Concept allows you to define specific phonetic pronunciations of Concepts.
- Unbind: Removes all Bindings from the current Concept.
- Delete: Deletes the selected Concept from the brain.